Thursday, December 31, 2009

Almost At the End

Today is the last day of the 1st decade of the new Millennium.

That there just made me realize a lot has happened since the Y2K scares 10 years ago. I mean, this February will be 5 years since I met my husband. On line. We didn't physically meet until May of 2005.

Time has flown.

2010 has so much possibility for me and my other half. From the possibility of a pregnancy, to our move, and the start of life on the other side of the country.

So, my goals for the next year are easy:

1. When I first met with the doctor's in April of 2009, my weight had gone back up to 304. That isn't the heaviest I've been, but it was a contribution to part of my issues, including the diabetes and PCOS. Everything I've looked at, and even the Endocrinologist, suggest that just losing 10% of your body weight is sometimes enough to get your body to start doing things on it's own. So my goal is to get my weight down to below that mark. I know, I know, I could stand to lose more. But if I can continue to make the necessary lifestyle and diet changes it should happen. Right now, if I can get to 270 and maintain or continue to lose I will be happy. I plan to do a weigh-in tomorrow and get things going, and you will be hearing about it.

2. Get us moved safely and on time. And by us, I mean myself, A, and Shadow. My brother will be keeping Narco, so I have to find the best way to transport a cat across the USA. My father-in-law has offered to travel here and drive the moving truck back so we can take my car. I'm still undecided about keeping or selling it, and I think we are leaning towards keeping it. With the understanding that if we do drive it and the moving truck to VA, then Shadow will be in the car. If we sell, then A and his dad may leave ahead of me, and I will fly out with the cat as a carry-on.

And last, but certainly not least:

3. Make the next 100+ days count. If all goes according to plan, we will be on the road on April 22nd, and I want to make time for family and loved ones here as I'm not sure if we will be back to visit before June 2011 when my nieces graduate from High School.

So, now to make breakfast and enjoy the last day of the year with the man I love and our fuzzy companions.

I hope you all have a safe and wonderful last day of the year. See you in 2010!

No comments:

Post a Comment