Friday, December 11, 2009

Maybe Carrie Had the Right Idea

While traveling to Newark one year, my ex decided to come meet me for a few days. He was living in Memphis and worked for an airline, so he booked free passage, and came to stay in the company paid hotel with me.

One night, as we flipped channels, he told me to stop and watch something with him. The next thing I knew, we were laughing over the issues Carrie was having with Mr. Big after farting in bed with him.

The ex has gone, but my love for Sex and the City has always been there. I own the entire series, and the movie, and will be there on opening night of its sequel. While my girlfriends and I have always stopped and talked about which girl we were, I have to admit that Carrie was always a little bit of a mystery to me.

I understood Charlotte's yearning for love and a family, maybe even more these days. I've know a Samantha or two, and still wonder how they manage to keep up with that kind of lifestyle. And Miranda was always the one I identified with most, her straightforward life and way of living. But Carrie...

Yes, I thought I knew who my Mr Big was once, but in the end I was incredibly wrong. And the shoes. I never got the need for spending money on shoes, especially as a form of therapy.

Until today.

Now, I am a plus-sized girl. Finding shoes can be hard because they need be wide, and I also prefer to be barefoot. My only complaint every year was in the inability to find a pair of tall boots that I could wear with jeans or to work with a skirt, something that I see on everyone, especially in the winter. It really was my hang up until I discovered the Jessica London shoe collection online through Avenue.

Oh my. I have seriously died and gone to heaven.


They fit like a glove, and are comfortable enough that I have worn them for 2 hours, including a trip for groceries, with no problems. And they are making me smile.

Which I believe is the only reason A hasn't told me to stop yelling "I got boots!" here at the house. He said as long as I am happy then he is, but when I said I should order them in black as well, I got a severe eye roll.

He'll come around eventually though. Right?

I am half-tempted to wear them to the scan tomorrow, as a boost for myself. They, unfiortunately, will ask me to strip from the waist down, so I will probably go with something that will allow me to get dressed and run away quickly if it doesn't go as expected and I need to have a private breakdown.

In the meantime though.... I HAVE BOOTS!!

No comments:

Post a Comment