Friday, January 15, 2010

Where the Hell Are My Ovaries?!?!?!

I wish the title of this post were just some lame joke.

Today was Cycle Day 13, and the follicle scan happened at about noon. This time, I drank about 48oz of water in order to prepare for this and hopefully provide a clear picture.

The doctor inserted the wand and nothing went right from there.

She found my uterus, said the lining looked good. Could see my bladder, this dark shadow in the background.

And then nothing else.

Seriously. That was it.

She tried for a bit, then had me empty my bladder and come back. She even brought in a more seasoned OB/GYN to look at the scan. He performed another scan himself, both internal and external, and then proceeded with an old-fashioned pelvic exam.

For the record, my husband was in the room for the whole thing. He now has full awareness of what a woman goes through during her annual. He isn't too traumatized at watching another man exam me after donning latex gloves and lubricant.

Can this get any better?

Why, yes, yes it can.

Because I am home now, and have to drink 40 oz of water before 3:45. Then I need to hold my urine for at least 1 hour. Because I have to go back to the medical center at 4:45 and report to the ultrasound department.

Yes, I have an emergency ultrasound scheduled with techs who will hopefully be able to tell the difference between a blood vessel, my bladder, and the other things going on in there.

After today, I think my decision about whether or not to wait until we've moved has been made for me. Nothing in my system wants to work the way it is supposed to, and it just gets more frustrating each day.

So, I am going to keep drinking water for another 45 minutes. Then go and see what they do or do not find.

Then I will look at the calendar and wait for the 1 year anniversary of our beginning to try.

The day I will officially be listed as infertile.

No comments:

Post a Comment