Thursday, January 7, 2010

I Hate When the Doctor is Right

So, the last time I did real exercise was in the summer. September I think. Since then, the laziness hits me after work.

I am a day person. I actually love getting things done in the early morning hours and then having the rest of the day to do nothing. Once the sun goes down, I have no real motivation to do anything productive, so coming home during the winter as the sun is already setting ruins my evening.

Think of me as solar-powered!

Well, we've crossed the line into Winter, and I have noticed a little more light at 5 everyday. It's been nice, plus my urge to lose weight and exercise make it so that I am doing it. I get home, change into workout clothes, and either prep dinner and set it to bake while I do the Wii thing for 15-20 minutes or do that and then whip up a quick meal.

So far, success every day this week.

And every morning my blood sugar is right in its happy place.

At my worst, I was injecting 120 units of Insulin every night before bed. I am back down to 100 units, and my numbers are better this week than they have been. And that is including time with my cycle in full force, and also that I stopped taking the extra insulin at meals after deciding I didn't need the stress.

Doctors have been telling me since the day I was told I was diabetic that just a little exercise a day would benefit me so much. Even a walk would make a difference. But I am who I am, and when told to do something I tend to shrug at the advice. Until I realize I need to do it, that is.

So the fitness routine will continue. I am flying to Seattle to visit with D, but she has a Wii and the Wii Fit program. So maybe I will make time to still do something each day.

Especially since I did the body test last night and it is telling me I weigh 282.9 lbs. That is over 4 lbs lighter since Monday.

It's probably wrong. But I really hope not!

No comments:

Post a Comment