Tuesday, January 5, 2010

How Heavy is Too Heavy.....For a Cat?

So I started back on the Chlomid this morning. I wonder what the increased dosage will mean for the headaches. Normally they are here on Day 3 of the pills and are gone about 24 hours after the last pills. We shall see.

Last night I put on workout clothes and tried out the Wii Fit Plus. I've worked out with the original Wii Fit routines, so this was to try out the new stuff and see what was what.

And WOW! I was impressed and happy.

There was more stuff to do that didn't just involve Yoga routines, and added abilities to create profiles for babies and pets.

Yes, babies and pets.

Before I get to the pet portion of this entry, I want to touch on my New Year's resolution. Now, the goal was to reach losing 10% of my body weight from the weight I was at last April. That was 304 lbs, which would put my weight loss goal at roughly 30 lbs total. Well, I am officially down to 287, so I've managed 17 lbs already. So I am thinking I want to set the weight goal to 250. That means losing 37 lbs in 1 year, an average of 3 lbs each month.

Now, if I manage to get pregnant this will be changing. I won't want to lose, I will want to maintain the weight and gain a little. So, this is the non-pregnancy goal.

So, when I finished running the Obstacle Course 3 times and then marching in the band 3 times, I had been playing for 19 minutes and burned minimal calories. So I went back to the main screen and decided to add the cats to the system.

Internets, I took the time to create their Miis and enter their birth dates. Then I weighed each one, following the instructions on the screen. Since I had already weighed myself, it had me step on with each cat and then it calculated the difference in weight. They tell you that you can do the same thing with babies/small children, so I can't wait to try that one.

So, our little Narco came in at 8.8 lbs. He is pretty lean, and seems so light when you lift him.

Now, Shadow, our fluffy boy, is a different story. When you lift him you know it. You feel the heft. And last night we learned he comes in at 10.8 lbs.

That is a lot of cat.

And I think I am going to start weighing him in on a monthly basis. No, my cat will not be on a diet, but I don't want him to get too big. Right now we have the food available all day, and he grazes as needed. They both do. But once he is an only cat I want to make sure that he doesn't go overboard on things.

As A said, I am just trying to be a good mommy.

1 comment:

  1. Laney was up to 12.5lbs before the vet "recommended" that I put her on a diet. Apparently she's one of those cat's who can not free feed....she's unable to regulate how much she eats - much like her owner. So she was put on a diet.

    And something interesting happened. Suddenly I became the disciplinarian parent keeping Laney on her diet, and the boy was the softie who kept sneaking her food. She's down to about 10.5lbs now, and while she doesn't seem happier per se, she's at least much more active.

    (the boy says it's because she must now hunt spiders to supplement the amount of food she's given.)

    ReplyDelete