Tuesday, January 26, 2010

About Deciding to Tell the World

I have read about how the recommendation is to wait until the pregnancy is far enough along to start sharing the news with people. Even my sister warned me about telling too soon.

Yes, I know things could go wrong. Very wrong.

But once I saw the test say I was pregnant, I felt so at peace. So happy. And I wanted to share that.

I lasted 2 hours before I called my mom. Then my sister. Then D and my cousin. Then I read for 2 more hours until A was conscience and we agreed to tell family. So called his parents, sister, and grandparents.

Then we woke my brother with the news. My brother, whom I love so much, was so funny. I was telling him through the door, he was dead asleep, and I could hear him rushing to get up and come congratulate us.

And that night he had a birthday party scheduled. And everyone coming were good friends of ours, some I have known for well over 15 years.

My husband saw my face and knew it was make me crazy. So we both decided that it was good news. You don't hide this kind of good news. We were happy, and we wanted everyone to be happy with us.

So we told them all.

And then I came to work yesterday and told everyone. The CEO laughed because I am the 3rd pregnant woman in the office. He wants to know what's in the water.

We've been careful. Told people it is really early. Things could happen, but we are happy and want to share it. And everyone has shrieked and hugged us an congratulated us.

I want to be able to tell my baby how we couldn't wait to share the news with everyone who mattered to us. That this was the greatest thing to happen to us, and we wanted the world to know it.

And now, if you'll excuse me, I have to go tell everyone on Facebook....

1 comment:

  1. Good for you girl! I always figure that if something goes wrong, I'll need these people to support me. I'm so happy for you, congrats!!!

    ReplyDelete