Thursday, January 14, 2010

Another Item Checked Off

I was officially told this morning that I will be asked to continue my work with my current employer after the move. They don't want to lose me, and so working remotely will be no issue.

Internets, I have a job after the move!!

I didn't doubt that this would happen, but it is a relief to know that we won't have any added stress. I've already sent a text message to A, and he is probably still dancing for joy as I type this.

So, the cleaning/packing process will begin this weekend. Our only mistake last time we moved from the apartment to our current house was that we packed everything up but the bedroom. Then I was scrambling to do that as they moved our furniture out.

And had to go back of the next week to pick up things and clean more.

This time there is no coming back. We need to have all our items taken care of, and leave nothing behind. My brother will be moving at the same time, so we are really going to need to remain organized in some way.

This time, I am starting in the bedroom. The closet needs a thorough purging of items, and the summer clothes can be boxed up now. We'll be driving in April, so for me that is still sweatshirt time, and the t shirts I wear regularly will be saved for that period.

The other advantage will be that as we pack things we can then store them in our closet so the house isn't cluttered.

We leave California in 98 days.

And tomorrow we'll be at Month 5, Cycle Day 13: Follicle Scan Day.

No comments:

Post a Comment