Monday, January 18, 2010

Cycle Day 16

Well, after 20 minutes of scanning by a trained technician and a woman to supervise him, they sent the pictures to the radiologist to confirm. I literally ran to the OB/GYN department because it was now just minutes before 6pm on a Friday night.

And I managed to catch my doctor.

She called down and they told her that it would be another 20 minutes or so, but she had to leave for the weekend. So, asked me to give her 2 minutes.

My mother has always said that things happen for a reason. A and I have always taken each day and the direction things are going in to be signs as to whether or not things were meant to be.

So, when she came out and told us that the nurses were staying for a baby shower after hours, and one of them agreed to give me the injection if there was a follicle, I felt better.

We went to Walmart, wandered around, and waited for a call. Which came 25 minutes after talking to the doctor, confirming that there was a 2.4 cm follicle in my right ovary. This is the largest one we've had, and basically has me thinking that my right ovary has been waiting to stick its tongue out at me. It finally has produced something viable, and right at the end of this ridiculous cycle.

The doctor and I agreed that if we decide to try again next month that the scan will not be done by her. She will be booking me directly with radiology, and then go from there.

I've also decided that if we do do this next month we will try our first IUI. Either we'll be pregnant or at least have a base understanding of what we will need to do once we are in VA.

We did what we needed to this weekend to get things to work. I am relaxed about everything, and not stressing. We'll know at the beginning of February what is what, and will make our next decision.

For now, life will go on. Cleaning will begin. And packing will happen.

Only 95 days left to go...

No comments:

Post a Comment