Thursday, July 1, 2010

When Legos Attack

My husband and I play games. I've mentioned this before. We love to play different types of games, and then there are some we play together.

Prime example: Peggle. Yes, we purchased this not only for our computers but for the XBox 360 as well. That version has a two-player mode where you take turns, and we have been known to play that for hours on end. While listening to music. This occurred at least twice last week after work: 3 hours of Peggle with music on repeat.

I know, we're party animals. How will we ever survive out in the country?!?!

If you question the addictive nature of Peggle, please go speak to my cousin. And her boyfriend. I sent her one of the download codes, and apparently he is addicted.

We won't mention the fact he was visiting us last summer and we introduced him to this....

One of the other games I have come to love is anything related to Legos. From Star Wars and Batman, to Indiana Jones, we have collected them all. We have a few items to pick-up in each game, I think, and then they will be 100% complete.

So guess what we picked up last night?

Why, Lego Harry Potter!

I have to reveal a secret: Harry Potter almost ruined our relationship.

My husband enjoys reading as much as I do. He has a love for the Wheel of Time series. I love Harry Potter. And Twilight. And the Sookie Stackhouse books.

He did try to read Harry Potter once. To him the writing was too juvenile.

I tried reading the Wheel of Time books once. To me the writing was boring as all hell.

To each his own, I suppose.

When the first Transformers movie was about to be released, my nieces had no interest at all in anything that movie showed in previews. There was a Harry Potter movie scheduled to come out about 2 weeks after, and my then boyfriend had a brilliant plan:

If the girls agreed to see Transformers with us, he would go to see Harry Potter with them. And not just that: He would sit through the other movies in order to be caught up with the story.

No, he won't go back and read the books. Yes, he has seen the movies, encouraged me to buy them on Blu-Ray, and is actually looking forward to the last two films that will finish the story.

So the game.

So far, we've completed 2 levels, and run around shooting our wands at anything we can target in Hogwart's. If it wasn't for the fact that I needed sleep, we would have been up later. As it is, I am planning on playing at lunch with him. Another of the advantages of working from home!

We both joke that this game will eat up all our free time. Joke is a loose term there, because we will let it happen. Especially with a three-day weekend looming on us....

And I wish I could say that it's just the video games involving Legos. I have a pretty good collection of Star Wars Lego kits, and we spotted board games in Target the other night.

Someday, our child will thank us.

I say that with actual confidence, regardless of the nothing that is happening in the microscope these days.



Oh, and before anyone asks:

Yes, I have agreed to read the Wheel of Time books. They need to finish the story once and for all so I know there is an end. And I want it on the Kindle.

Have you seen the size of those paperbacks?!?!

No comments:

Post a Comment