Tuesday, July 20, 2010

I Have A Confession To Make....

My husband and I have always had an understanding when it comes to going to see movies.

In the past, my sister, nieces, and mother were always willing to see a chick flick with me, so he has never been subjected to those trips. On the flip side, I do not see horror/terror/slasher flicks, but again my entire family, including brother, love those films. So, in the end, neither of us has had to see a movie alone.

Ever.

Until 2 weeks ago.

See, I tore through the Twilight books. As in I read 4 books in under 1 week. The first one I read in under 7 hours.

The first 2 movies I saw with my sister and nieces.

And here is where I apologize to the fans.

The first movie really was just not that great. And with the sparkling vampire bit, there was no way I would ever make my husband watch it. The second movie was better, still not what I would think of as outstanding, but it was all about seeing a shirtless Jacob.

Again, nothing that A would want to go see.

So, when the latest film came out, I had to decide: wait for rental or go alone.

I opted to go alone.

And it was fine. The movie was good. There were all of 9 people, including me, in the theater. I actually laughed a couple of times, and I can honestly say that everyone seems to finally be happy/comfortable with their roles.

Then it ended and I got to the car.

It didn't hit me until the drive home that I didn't have someone to talk to about the movie. And then I realized that when I laughed in the theater I had looked to the seat next to me to make a comment to my sister.

I missed my sister.

Needless to say I came home and was a wreck. It was my first full-blown feeling of homesickness, and I didn't want to be hugged or told it was okay. I wanted my sister to be there to talk to and laugh and make snarky comments.

After I got everything out, A stood there and didn't know what to do or say. He let me calm down, and then apologized for not realizing I wanted someone to go to the movie with me.

So, some time in the next week we are going to see New Moon together. I've promised he will like this installment, and I won't make him watch the others. He's made me promise that I tell him when I need him to do these things because he is more than willing to go with me.

I made sure he understood that I will still not see horror/terror/slasher flicks in theaters.

But I would be willing to watch them on Pay-Per-View here at home. On the couch. During daylight hours.

With a blanket I could hide under.

...and my sister on speed dial to make me laugh at the tensest moments.

No comments:

Post a Comment