Friday, October 1, 2010

Kitty Issues

These last few weeks have been interesting for Shadow. Being an indoor cat, and basically our only child, he is spoiled.

How spoiled?

He gets a special soft dinner every Sunday. And he knows what it is called, and plays with us to get it.

He gets fed cheese by A for standing upright like a squirrel on 2 legs.

He gets to climb up on me at any time for snuggling and napping.

Before I forget, A has taken over litter duty from the day we got the positive result. I didn't have to ask. We went looking for disposable gloves, found none at the store, and he just started doing it. I still handle food and water, making sure to wash my hands, but he takes care of the litter box without hesitation.

After working at the desk all day, I would stretch out on the couch and close my eyes. Only to have this happen on my chest:



This was a regular occurrence throughout the summer. And actually right up until last week.

Now the issue is that if he steps on my chest the initial reaction is to throw him off me quickly.

He really doesn't know what is happening, or why I won't let him jump up on me. He sits there and looks up, with a pitiful little mew, and stares. I feel horrible, and A is trying to make up for it with him. But it's not working.

How do I know?

Because I wake up in the middle of the night to find someone curled up near my face, with their nose on my chin, purring.

Does anyone know of a way to make a cat understand that they aren't being replaced?

1 comment:

  1. Just saw your good news, congratulations! Cross all my fingers and toes for a healthy, sticky baby :-)

    ReplyDelete