Monday, October 11, 2010

Appt #1: Endocrinology

So this morning I went to my first appointment for the week.

And I left feeling very happy that I pushed to get in to see someone as soon as possible.

My new Endocrinologist is an interesting man, and very sure of what needs to happen. Now, I liked the doctor in CA, I really did. But I found out after I had seen her that she was very new, and was still getting a patient list. I happened to need to make an appointment quick, and she had the opening.

Now, Dr. M is different. He has been doing this for over 10 years, and it shows. I explained what I was taking, he reviewed my numbers, and immediately said that my blood sugar was definitely too high. He prescribed daytime insulin, and even gave me a coupon to have my first box free as a sample.

I have an appointment in roughly 5 weeks to go back. We'll review how my numbers look, and if I need to be switched to a new overnight insulin that may work better and not force me to make 3 injections a night to get the full dosage.

I left behind 4 vials of blood and a urine sample, but I felt good knowing that I had found someone who was going to take care of me and baby.

No comments:

Post a Comment