Tuesday, June 8, 2010

I'm New to Country Living

Me: There is something on the wall with wings and you need to take care of it.

A: Where?

Me: Above the TV

A: *walks over and squints at it* It's just a lightning bug. *walks to the kitchen to get a container to catch it and release it outside*

Me: What did you say it was?

A: A lightning bug

Me: What will it do?

A: *looks at me funny* It's butt will light up.

Me: Really? Can you make it do that so I can see it??

A: *stares at me*

Me: What? I've never seen one!

A: *mumbles something about city people under his breath*



It flew behind something before he could snag it, but I've never felt more like a city girl than last night.

1 comment:

  1. This post made me laugh out loud. Thanks for that.

    FYI - I used to catch lightning bugs and put them in a jar with holes in the lid when I was a kid. This from the girl who's TERRIFIED of bugs. Lightning bugs are harmless. :-)

    ReplyDelete