Wednesday, June 23, 2010

How Did I Ever Pass Biology?

While I love science, and not just because of my love of science fiction, playing with slides and microscopes was never something I was good at.

In 10th grade Biology, my lab group of 4 consisted of 2 girls who were very good with a microscope and writing up results and myself an my friend J who enjoyed messing with chemicals, molds, and cutting up things to prepare said slides.

Chemistry class in 11th grade never made me look at things in a microscope, but I squeaked by that class largely in part again to the fact that my lab group kicked ass.

So, when my fertility microscope arrived I had to take a deep breath. I mean, it's just looking for a pattern, really, but when the site shows you certain pictures, my brain thinks it should be looking for the same thing.

Yeah, no.

I have concluded that my saliva hasn't changed in the last 24 hours. I also have learned that my iPhone can take pictures of the lit up slide.

So, without further ado, I present to you Infertile Saliva!





The plan is to take at least one picture each morning and see if by placing them side by side on a computer screen that a difference appears. Even if it's never actually ferning, I'd like to hope that SOMETHING is going on there.

Ah, science....

No comments:

Post a Comment