Friday, March 5, 2010

Packing

Well, the move is on for 48 days from today. Packing is happening, and it's going surprisingly well.

Next weekend, we have a few people staying with us and a house party planned on Saturday. One of these guests is my cousin, who visited last summer for a long weekend. When she and I spoke last month, she asked if the place would be empty when they got here and I said no. There were no plans to pack the living room until after the party.

Cousin, I may have misspoke.

See, my husband collects action figures that are more than meets the eyes. And they take up a lot of shelf space. Or, at least they did. Before he packed them all.

So, no, it's not barren. But you can tell there are things missing.

The hardest things to pack were the books I bought at the end of January for a pending pregnancy. They went into a small box, along with this small Spider-man jersey we bought on clearance at Target years ago. We are labeling the boxes as we seal them, so this one has a label that simple says "Baby".

Yes, I am still hopeful. I just don't know what I am doing about this month yet.

No comments:

Post a Comment