Thursday, November 19, 2009

I am losing my mind...

Before the internet, I wonder what women waiting to test for pregnancy did.

I know that I spend my time on sites reading about symptoms to look for, when to test, and how long the trip from the fallopian tube to the uterus is so I know when to start looking for spotting. Cause, you know, that could be a sign of implantation.

My husband isn't fully aware of this new obsession. This is what I do at work between projects. Everyone is amazed at the speed I am getting things done. All to have more time obsessing online over my possible pregnancy.

This has started to leak into my real life at home too. And so far I think the husband is getting a kick out of my odd questions.

For example, last night:

Me: Honey, can you come here and check something for me?

A: (while walking into the bedroom) What did you need, babe?

Me: Feel my breasts.

A: Excuse me?

Me: Feel my breasts. Are they feeling fuller or different yet?

A: Why would they feel different?

Me: It's a pregnancy sign....

A: It hasn't even been a week....

Me: Can you please just do this?

A: (after walking over and "examining" my chest)Well, they do feel a little different....

Me: Different how? Fuller? Do they look bloated??

A: .....I don't know how to describe it, hon. Just different...

Me: Maybe I should wait a few more days and ask you to check again!

A: Anything you want, hon....


Have I mentioned what a long 2 weeks this is going to be?

No comments:

Post a Comment