Wednesday, November 25, 2009

Giving Thanks (Part I)

While things this year have been challenging, I know that in the end I am a very lucky person. So I have to stop and give thanks for the things in my life that I do have and cherish.

The top of the list is my husband.

I give thanks everyday that we found each other. He completes me in every sense of the word, and without him I would feel empty inside. We tell each other how much we love each other multiple times a day, and it never feels as if it's just words. He knows it, I know it, and our families see it when they see us together.

Through the last 9 months of trying to conceive, he has been the one constant that has kept me focused and grounded. Even now, while we wait to see if it's happened, he remains positive while at the same time assuring me that it will happen for us when it's the right time. He has held my hand as I cried, kissed me to make all the bad thoughts go away, and made me laugh at times when I didn't think I possibly could.

Though, I do have to point out this last weekend.....

My hormones have been in overdrive, and some of the oddest things have made me weepy for no reason I can imagine. On Saturday, we sat down to watch Star Trek, the newest movie version, and have lunch.

For the record, I have seen this movie twice in theaters. I loved it, was excited to bring it home, and no part of the plot was a surprise at this point in the game.

Less than 2 minutes in, I am crying uncontrollably. Not just crying: Deep sobs that I.Could.Not.Stop.

I looked over at him and he wants to know what is wrong. He is so concerned, and looks worried that something has happened.

Which is when I explain that I know what's about to happen to George Kirk and I just cannot stop thinking about it and the tears won't stop.

He gave a deep sigh and looked at me with a huge smile on his face.

"This is going to be a long 9 months...."

I am so thankful that he gets me and loves me for the emotional idiot I am.....

No comments:

Post a Comment