Monday, August 10, 2009

The Waiting Game

Last month I was surprised when something that shouldn't happen did happen with no medical intervention.

I won't lie. I immediately consulted every reference I have bookmarked on 3 separate computers in the hope of calculating my ovulation cycle. The average is about 2 weeks from the first day of your period, so I decided that I would begin using ovulation tests again to see if it happens.

Which, looking at the calendar, if it happened on time would have been our 1st wedding anniversary.

Quite poetic, no?

Well, here I am. Day 17. I have used 16 sticks so far and nothing. Nada. Zilch.

I told myself that this may be a complete fluke, that it was quite possible that no cycle could happen again for 2 months, 6 months, a year even. But that doesn't stop the wanting of a baby right now. Someone small that will be the perfect combination of myself and A, who we can raise together and grow old watching become an adult.

Yes, the doctor will help us do that. But would it be so horrible if a little miracle happened now, all on its own, just for us?

*sigh*

Now, if you'll excuse me, I have to go pee on a stick.

No comments:

Post a Comment