Thursday, July 19, 2012

My Favorite Moment of ComicCon 2012

We've always talked about visiting San Diego in July and getting lost in the sea of nerdy goodness.

But then we see pictures of the crowds and think it's better to watch from the other side of the country.  It's just too much, you know?

This year, I learned about what Zachary Levi has been doing every year.  It's called Nerd HQ.  By getting his friends together for panels and things, he raises money for charity.

What I didn't know is that all of it is for Operation Smile.

As the mother of someone born with a cleft lip and palate, this charity speaks to me from the heart.  We were blessed to be in a place where James benefited from good medical care and will never have to worry about dealing with some of the bigger problems from it.  But there are children around the world who don't have that luxury.

This year, apparently there was an auction where Mr. Levi was taking $100 donations for a kiss on the cheek.  A woman apparently donated $1,000, and so she got a special kiss.

And then he was ambushed with 2 of my favorite stars from Firefly:




I dont' know how else to describe this video other than completely awesome.

I've watched it a dozen times, and it just doesn't stop cracking me up.  And I love that, in the end, it's helping children.  These guys are just amazing.

No comments:

Post a Comment