Monday, January 2, 2012

Our Goal

A few weeks ago I came home from the store and sat to talk with A. 

I want another baby.  I want James to have a brother or sister to play with and grow up with.

But I know that we can't just have it happen.

When I was pregnant with James, I honestly was the healthiest I'd ever been.  I was eating carefully, my diabetes was under control, and I always felt happy.

I am still 17 lbs heavier than when I first got pregnant.  My husband has managed to keep his weight down, which I attribute to the amount of time he spends playing and carrying over 17 lbs of baby.

Odd that I am still carrying the equivalent of his current weight, huh?

So the deal is that if I can get my weight down, and I mean DOWN, and we can get ourselves at least in a financially comfortable place for me to take leave, then we will do this.

But I have only 2012 to do this.

So we'll see where I am in October.  The diet has changed, A is on board with my changes, we have invested in some more exercise games (yes, I am relying on the Wii, XBox Kinect, and the apartment complex's gym), and we are rolling along.

To keep this honest, I'll be weighing in on the 1st of each month.  No, we never bought a scale.  That's what the Wii Fit Plus program is for, sheesh!

So, on January 1st I weighed in at 289.5 lbs and walked 1 mile to get started.  There are fruits and veggies for snacks, and dinner was portabello mushroom burgers on whole wheat buns ala the New Weight Watchers Cookbook.

I slept so good, I'm about to go half a grapefruit and yogurt for breakfast, and then some step aerobics.

So this year will be about watching James grow as his parents try to get in shape.  We'll be in a better place to keep up with him, and hopefully bring another little one into our family.

And here we go.....

No comments:

Post a Comment