Monday, February 7, 2011

A is for Acne

I still remember high school and the introduction of Oxy pads to my daily routine.

At some point, acne took over and the attempts to hide it were part of life. There was the Oxy pads for cleaning. At one point some cover up which just left orangish blotches on my face. I finally stopped it all, though oily skin was something I've had to deal with ever since then.

I don't think it ever went completely away. My senior portraits were nicely airbrushed, and the reminder is in the photo badge for Grad Night that I kept. That was one of the original proofs, and seeing that makes me thank the photography studio.

The first part of the pregnancy, there was the very occasional flare up. But they disappeared with the end of the 1st trimester, and the holidays were clear.

But last month...

They are appearing with more frequency on my chin and along my hairline. The weirdest: behind my ears.

I know this is the added hormones and it will fade too. But some mornings I look in the mirror and wonder if I will ever just have my oily skin again....

No comments:

Post a Comment