Friday, February 5, 2010

Would Somebody Please Just Give Me My Drugs?

Once again, A and I found ourselves at the pharmacy last night to pick-up the magical clomid. That and a lot of ovulation tests.

Guess what the pharmacy didn't have? Even though the nurse called me in the morning to tell me the prescription would be sent in???

The pharmacist tried to call, but there was no one there. She reminded me what time they were open until, and said that if I could reach someone she would need 5 minutes to package the prescription.

We walked away from the counter in Target and started to wander. It took about 30 seconds for me to get mad. And so I called the medical group my doctor belongs to.

And this time, instead of pushing the option for leaving a message, I pushed 0 and waited for the operator.

When she answered, I calmly explained I was looking for my doctor and needed to know how to get a message to her. She explained she could get a message to the on call OB/GYN. Then she began the questions:

Are you currently pregnant?

Have you been pregnant recently?

I gritted my teeth through those, answered them, and then she paused. Because, apparently, if none of the above apply, what kind of emergency could there be for an OB/GYN, right? RIGHT???

Anywho...

I explained the problem. And added that this was Day 3, and I just wanted to pick up my pills and not miss this cycle. Could someone please just give me my drugs??

This, by the way, is the closest I will ever come to chemical dependency. But I blame it on my biological clock, so it's different. I could stop at any time, I swear!

The operator said I should get a call within 30 minutes, and if I didn't to call her back immediately.

My phone rang 15 minutes later.

The on call doc was on the phone with the pharmacist about 1 minute after hanging up with me. And I had my drugs a few minutes later.

So, we are now finally on Cycle Day 4 today, and I started clomid last night. In order to not completely go insane, I have agreed with A's recommendation to take the pills every 24 hours rather than last night and again this morning.

I think he saw me on the phone last night and is afraid that adding hormones to that person would endanger his life.

I explained I would never hurt him on purpose.

He didn't seem relieved.

No comments:

Post a Comment