Tuesday, February 24, 2009

Really Truly Happy

This time last year I was having a mini-breakdown.

My 34th birthday was approaching and I was honestly not sure what was going to happen next. A and I had talked about getting married from day 1, but still weren't, and I wanted to start a family while I was still at an age where I could enjoy it. And see them graduate from high school.

Yes, I know women in their 40s have babies these days. But I don't want to be working when I am 60 to put someone through college. Would that prevent me from having kids that late if we have problems conceiving now? I don't really know. But I will think long and hard about what life I'd be able to provide.

So back to last year.

I felt bad for A. He wasn't sure what to do, he wanted to get me a present but I wanted him to save money. His reason for not having proposed was lack of money for a ring, and if the choice was between a present now or starting our lives together I was going to go for the second one there.

This year things are so much better. We are married. We are working on starting a family. I am looking forward to 35 and the next chapter.

This last Christmas we opted for no presents to each other. In late September we spent a pretty penny on a new 52" television and had agreed that would be it. A gift to each other. And no, I am not one of those types to say don't buy me something and then get upset when there is nothing. We are happy, we bought presents for family, and just enjoyed the holidays.

With my birthday coming up the next question from A was to ask what I wanted. Well, rather than have him spend a lot on me I opted for another joint gift to me from us both.

And ordered a new laptop.

It's a Dell Mini12 and it arrived today!!! I am in love!




This little thing is shown above sitting on my document holder at work. You can see the top of the document holder, the closest thing I could think of to give you some perspective on its size.

It's going to take some geting used to as far as the keyboard size but I won't complain. It will be nice to be portable again. And this means that I will be able to move pictures and music files here, freeing up the home desk top for gaming, as it should be.

Next project is to get A a new computer for his gaming needs. He's seen the one he wants, and now we just need to get the money saved for it.

Yay for presents!

No comments:

Post a Comment