Wednesday, March 20, 2013

A Special Day

Being on the opposite side of the country from my family makes certain days of the year hard.

Christmas and Thanksgiving are the obvious ones.

Birthdays for all those I love are also hard.

My mother grows another year younger today.  She sacrificed a lot to raise the three of us after my dad left.  Working multiple jobs, we never went without food or a roof over our heads.  She'll say that she missed some things while my little brother was growing up, but we never felt that.

She always made time for us, took us on vacations, and there was never a time I didn't feel loved.

All my friends have called her mom or mama throughout the years, and she always welcomed them, even if she didn't necessarily like them all.  And in the end she was always right about the ones that stayed and the ones that passed through our lives.

Today, all I can think about is how much I love her, and that I hope she knows how much we all do really love her.  She's gone from a divorced woman struggling to raise 3 kids to a strong woman who can stand on her own.

Besides her 3 brats, she now has 4 grandchildren, a son-in-law, a grandson-in-law, and has been adopted by my brother's girlfriend as well.  Just look at our handsome group!

 
Happy birthday, Mom!  I love you and miss you and hope to talk to you soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment