Thursday, October 4, 2012

Who Knew Snuggling Could Be Hazardous to Your Health?

James is in the middle of his first cold.

For the most part he has been pretty good.  His appetite is not really there, but we do make sure he is eating yogurt and fruit and drinking water.  Tonight he even had some vanilla shake.

He's been wanting to snuggle, laying on us while on the couch, and sleeping on his daddy.  Which is something he hasn't done in at least 6 months.

While I've been enjoying this snugly period from the little toddler who won't stop, I feel that I've become a victim.

Last night my throat was sore.  This morning, the runny nose and fever.

Needless to say that when James decided he wanted nothing more than to sleep on me during his nap today that I didn't have the strength to say no. 

And slept with him off and on.

It looks like A will be next in line with this, and hopefully we will all be clear of it by next weekend when my brother arrives.

Have I learned my lesson?

No.

Because no matter what happens, no matter how busy I may be, when that little boy comes to me with a snotty nose and feverish face, saying "mama" and indicating he wants to be picked up....

Well, he wins.

No comments:

Post a Comment