Thursday, October 18, 2012

I Was Actually Nervous About Reading This...

I have a confession to make:

When I first opened the email about this BlogHer Book Club selection, Diary of a Submissive by Sophie Morgan, I hesitated. 

I wasn't sure about the material, and couldn't decide if I would honestly be able to read the book and write about.

Now, I'm glad I did.

In Diary of a Submissive, Sophie Morgan very openly and honestly talks about her life.  More specifically, her sex life.  That openness is refreshing, though I admit at times in the beginning it made me a little uncomfortable.  But as I continued reading her story, I became interested in what she learned about herself and how this was a part of her that she became comfortable with.

Now, I haven't read any of the other books that have swept the nation in the last year.  I'm not a prude, but I couldn't understand the fascination.  Not until it was explained in a way that wasn't something fictional and instead felt like a conversation with someone.

I honestly would recommend the book, but do want to warn that there is some explicit details that may not sit well with everyone.  In the end, it's necessary to get the full feel of what is happening, and understanding the writer.

Still not too sure?  Please visit BlogHer's page here to get more information about the book and join the conversation!  I really don't think you'll regret this one.

This is a sponsored review for the BlogHer Book Club. While compensation will be forthcoming for taking the time to write about the book, the opinions stated are all mine and mine alone.

No comments:

Post a Comment