Tuesday, February 14, 2012

Party Planning

I'm not new to throwing parties.

For the majority of the last 6 years in CA, gatherings were in my apartment.  We had room to play games, either on the consoles or computers, room for people to sit and drink, and even the kids were invited to come over with their parents.

I always tried to make it easy: I had hard alcohol, plenty of snacks.  Everyone who wanted anything else to drink was to bring their own, and also bring something to share for snacking.  This made me feel less stressed, and kept the clean up to a minimum later.  And it meant I could spend the party out in the living room with everyone and not be stuck in the kitchen all night.

Everybody wins!

For the first time this year, I'm going to be throwing a different kind of birthday party.  James will be 1 in May.  My mom will be here, and I want to get a small group together without breaking the bank, but while still having something to snack on and of course the birthday cake.

So, I have a question for you, oh wonderful reader:

What is your best tip for hosting a gathering, get-together or party that is enjoyable and stress-free for both the host and guests?

I don't think I can get away with a pot-luck for 1 year-old, so what are the best ways you know to be able to get people together and still be able to relax and enjoy the party?

This also happens to be the question being posted by BlogHer.  Are you a secret Martha Stewart?  Do you plan events at venues to avoid having to worry about any of the details?

I'm inviting you to share your comments here, but also to visit the Life Well Lived site and help with the question there by offering your tips on hosting a stress free gathering.  And don't forget that they are giving away a Kindle Fire and you can enter for that by sharing a moment in the conversation there.

So, share!  And help!!!! 

No comments:

Post a Comment