Thursday, February 9, 2012

Missing My Sister Everyday

I was recently able to sit and read The Weird Sisters by Eleanor Brown and upon finishing it immediately told my mother-in-law to read it as well.

She is one of 4 sisters, and I am one of 2.  Anyone with a sister should sit and read this as the writing and story is really the best depiction I've ever read about that unique relationship where you can't help but love her, even when you don't like her.

My sister and I are only a couple of years apart in age, and so we did almost everything together.  She has always been the more open and fearless one, while I'll sit back and observe, cautious to a fault with most decisions.  I've always loved and admired that in her, the way she could get to know people so quickly, but also often found myself jealous and hating her for always seeming to be the center of attention.  Now that we are older, with our own lives, I see her in a different light.  And living so far away from her, especially after reading The Weird Sisters only makes me miss her even more every single day.

This May, my mother is coming to meet her grandson for the first time.  I've told her about the book, and as she is one of 4 sisters, I already let her know it will be waiting for to read when she walks in the door.

Come read more about the book here and join the conversation!

This is a sponsored review for the BlogHer Book Club.  While compensation will be forthcoming for taking the time to write about the book, the opinions stated are all mine and mine alone.

1 comment:

  1. It was a great book... I loved it too... my review was related to me not having any siblings...

    ReplyDelete