Monday, June 6, 2011

Reassurance in the Operating Room

Prior to the birth of my son, I have never had any procedure done that required any surgery at all.

Still have wisdom teeth, appendix, and tonsils.

I went in begin prepping and wasn't too nervous.  Believe it or not I was more worried about how A would deal with being in the room while everything was happening.  We were together during all the prep, and were separated for all of 10 minutes while I was walked into the actual OR and the spinal block was applied.

Once numb, they quickly settled me into position, erected the tent area so nothing could be seen, and then brought in A.

As he settled in beside my head I smiled up at him and told him I knew it was going to be okay.  Did he want to know how?

He smiled and said he did.

That's when I told him that the radio in the OR was playing The Scorpions "Rock You Like a Hurricane" when I first was brought into the room and set up.

He laughed and agreed it was a good sign.

Next thing we knew, we were parents.....

No comments:

Post a Comment