Thursday, June 2, 2011

It's been a week..

And it still feels like I just met my son yesterday.

I wish I had a clever story to tell you about how everything went down.  But it was actually all pretty standard.

We walked in to see the Colonel on the 23rd and he greeted us with the paperwork for the c section.  He had us scheduled as his first surgery on the 25th, and already had our pre-op lab work scheduled for the 24th.

Hospital transportation was arranged, and next thing you know I'm on the table, A is in the room near my head, and they've started the procedure.

And when I heard him crying for the first time it was all I could do to not beg to be let up to hold him.



He hasn't left our side since then.  There was no need for a NICU visit, and other than to check weight and stats we lived in a hospital room together for 4 days.  Now we've been home since Saturday, and we have the most laid back little boy.  There is no crying, he sleeps well in his own crib, and eats like a champ.  At his 1 week check in with the pediatrician he was only down 2 ounces from his original birth weight.  Everyone is impressed with him.

And OMG does he have everyone wrapped around his finger.  Especially his granny.

We do have 1 challenge, and that will be correcting the cleft lip and palette he was born with.  It's a minor problem, has prevented actual breastfeeding, but hasn't stopped him from eating well at each feeding.  And everyone who has seen him thinks it's the cutest grin when he gives one.

Which is all the time.

So we are on to the next step in our lives together.  My husband has become an amazing father overnight, and our son fits right in with life here.

Now, it's time for another nap...


No comments:

Post a Comment