Friday, March 25, 2011

N is for Nasal Issues

My nasal issues have been the one pregnancy symptom I can honestly say I've had almost from the beginning.

Not so much the bloody noses.  There's been 1 real case of that, and it was over before I knew it had happened.

No, we are talking about not being able to breathe.  And waking up wondering if the baby is getting enough oxygen with my nostrils feeling as if they were stuck shut.  Meanwhile, they are completely dry - just feeling shut.

I've taken to drinking a large mug of herbal tea each morning.  Not only does it help with my daily water allotment, but I get the added benefits of warm steam helping to relax things.  Between that and a hot shower, I feel human until the next morning.

This has got to be the oddest symptom of all.  I get that things are swelling and blood flow has been increasing, but what does this have to do with my nasal passages?

And is the baby still getting enough oxygen?!?!?!?!

1 comment:

  1. Try a humidifier. They work wonders for me in the dry winters...

    ReplyDelete