Thursday, March 19, 2009

Trying to roll with the punches...

I hate waiting.

And this week is apparently all about the waiting.

The doctor and I had a good talk this morning.

I was diagnosed with Type 2 Diabetes in September of 2007. In the last 18 months we’ve managed to control it with diet changes and medication. No insulin needed, and for the most part it isn’t a huge issue for me. I remember what to eat, watch certain things, and remember that moderation is the key.

Today was no different than any other visit with the exception that I brought up our wanting to start a family. And my obvious lack of ovulation according to the test strips I have been peeing on for the last 4 weeks.

Which resulted in 4 vials of blood being taken and a referral to an OB/GYN that I have to follow-up with tomorrow and make an appointment.

Where I will get to discuss fertility and my possible lack of being able to ovulate without the help of drugs.

I don’t know whether to laugh or cry about this whole thing. I think she saw my face and realized I was about to cry in the office because she quickly tried to calm me down. And all I want is my kitty, my bed, and some mint chocolate chip ice cream with a side of thin mint Girl Scout cookies.

A has been calling me regularly at work to check on me and remind me to stay away from Web MD and other sites. Reading about the issues will not make it better, but it helps my logical side to process what she told me.

With me traveling next week for work the earliest I will be able to schedule any appointment will be March 30th.

Now to just not think about it all for 11 days…..

1 comment:

  1. :-( I'm here if you want to talk. I owe you about a billion and it's about time I paid you back...

    ReplyDelete