Thursday, September 22, 2011

A Different Sort of Anniversary

I was laying in bed with A on Monday and asked him if he knew what had been happening a year ago.  He didn't know, and so I recapped for him.

I had taken a pregnancy test that had come back negative.  I was so certain that I had ovulated and that this was happening that I was crushed to not see that second line.

The next morning I had spotted a faint pink in the morning and then nothing.  My period would be there on the 23rd if it went according to schedule, so I promised myself I wouldn't take any more tests until at least the 24th.  I just had to get to Friday....

I lasted until Wednesday.


It was faint, but it was there.  And 30 minutes later I'd talked to a nurse and was on my way to give a blood sample to test and confirm.

Today is 1 year since that blood draw and the call that came later to tell me it was positive.

This has been the craziest year, with ups and downs, and we are still struggling to catch up with life and bills and time together.

But I wouldn't change a thing.

Course, if this 4 month sleep regression things happen, remind me of this wonderful feeling, okay?

No comments:

Post a Comment