Monday, June 3, 2013

The One Where Everything Has Changed

So, life here in the last few weeks took an interesting turn.

We received a bill from the old apartment for the final rent plus clean up fees.

All I am going to say is that we are NEVER getting a cat again.  EVER. 

Oddly, the amount was the much needed kick to adding another income to our household.

After 3 1/2 years, my husband applied for a job.  And got it!

He will be working from home in the evenings as a phone representative, with his shift starting while James is napping and only overlapping my workday for 30 minutes.  The only change to our lives is that he will need to sleep in so I have to get up, but luckily James isn't an early riser anymore.

Once we get things paid we will have a 2nd income each month that will basically go towards things we need and a couple of wants for both of us.

I joked with a friend that I don't feel right buying Lotto tickets since we've managed some good karma and gotten lucky with life.

Pretty freaking lucky.

No comments:

Post a Comment