Thursday, April 18, 2013

The One Where His Height Will Doom Me One Day

Tuesday afternoon.  James was asleep.  Husband was playing his new game.  I had work that had to be done in the last 2 hours of my business day.

So I did what I normally do in crunch moments: Informed my other half that I was putting in my ear buds, blasting some music, and hunkering down.  He needed to listen for James, and I would reappear at 5 to make dinner.

I then spent the next 20 minutes looking for my ear buds before borrowing my husband's so I could actually work.

Why did I have to hunt?

Because some one's height is annoying right now.

And he's learning to walk on tip toe and stretch out for things.

I have found my wireless mouse in so many rooms it isn't even funny.  Now he tries to take pens and Kindle and iPhone from every low perch in the place.

It's to the point where I have to put things on a high bookcase - we are talking a tall 5 shelf one - in order to keep them out of reach.  So far he has no interest in climbing, thank the Users.

This is now an extra step/precaution when I want to get a glass of water or even use the bathroom.  If I leave the office for a split second, his Spidey sense goes off and by the time I get back the lap top is closed and the mouse is with him, practically under the bed as he clicks the buttons.

Oh, and he's found the on/off switch on the bottom and loves it.

I'm glad he's growing, I really am.

But does he have to want my stuff?

I'm off to dig through his toy chest for my ear buds.  Luckily they were in their case, right?

No comments:

Post a Comment