Friday, October 21, 2011

Wait, what day is it? What happened to October?

I just realized that we are 10 days from Halloween.

That means 25 days until my sister and nieces arrive.

But also only 5 days from James' surgery.  On Wednesday my baby is having his lip surgically corrected to remove the cleft.

His first plastic surgery encounter!

The doctor yesterday reminded us that it could be a year before it is completely healed and looking "normal".  It may require touch-up, and even as an adult he may want more done.

It also won't completely correct his crooked little nose.

I can tell you that I don't see his imperfections.  I just see a happy boy who loves to be loved.

On another front, we stopped at The Colonel's office to say hi yesterday.  I "borrowed" their scale.  James is roughly 17 pounds at this point.  Which would explain why getting up from a sitting position on our couch is a workout on my thights.

I also found that I am stuck at 290 lbs, 18 lbs heavier than I was at the beginning of my pregnancy.  I'd like to get back on track drop to at least that, though the goal is 20 lbs for now.  Then see what the next step is.

Looks like we'll be cutting out pasta and rice again.  And soon.

Very very soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment