Monday, November 29, 2010

Thanksgiving Recap

This year I truly felt blessed.

We spent Thursday with the in-laws. I made the full spread, there were 9 of us at the table, and it was so much fun! Everyone loved everything, and I couldn't have been happier.

Favorite part: getting to talk about next year and how there will be a new member of the family.

We left pretty late (for us), and arrived home just as my cell rang.

My family's tradition is to sit together just before diving into the food and share what we are thankful for. Everyone takes a turn, and it is one of the best moments of the year for me.

That phone ringing?

That was them calling as they were about to begin in order to have A and I be a part of it.

There were tears and laughs, and I realized I missed them even more than I had thought.

It also made me realize how much we love one another, even with the distance and time apart.

I really cannot wait to see them all again and have time to really talk. Or just watch a movie.

Just time to be together will be enough.

No comments:

Post a Comment