Friday, December 31, 2010

Time For A New Year

Can you believe it’s been a year since I posted my goals for 2010?

I reread the 3 items and had to smile.

1. I almost made the 10% weight loss by the third week of September when I stopped tracking calories and loss.

2. We made the drive from California to Virginia safely. And with the cat.

3. I spent all the time I could with the people who mattered the most right up until our last night in California. I still manage to keep in touch when possible, and have been surprised a couple of times by the people who have made the effort to call.

I don’t have a list for 2011. I have a little less than 22 weeks left to go before I meet the little person we have created, and after that I honestly don’t know where we will go next. There’s no need to try and set goals when the second half of the year will be in the hands of my child.

Our plan for this last day of 2010 is simple: spend it together with Shadow. Some pizza, some movies, and time to enjoy the quiet.

I still can’t believe where we are today. Where we were a year ago. That we’ve come so far. And we still have such a journey ahead of us.

And I really believe that it will be the greatest journey ever.

No comments:

Post a Comment