Thursday, December 9, 2010

Don't Forget: Wear Your Star Wars Gear Tomorrow!

When I first read the news story about Katie, a 7 year-old girl who was being bullied for liking Star Wars, I cried. I know, hormones, but I also remember loving all things odd and never really fitting in with my class at times. It was an odd place to be, and it got easier as I got older and my world grew from 27 people in my elementary school class to over 300 in my high school graduating class.

Aren't familiar with Katie? Read THIS article.

And then remember to wear your Star Wars gear tomorrow, December 10th.

I'm not doing it only for Katie. I am doing it for our baby, because whether a boy or girl, this baby is being born into a Star Wars home.

And will always be encouraged to love whatever it is that makes them happy, whether it happens to be a Wookie, a Transformer, or a Disney princess - regardless of gender.

No comments:

Post a Comment