Monday, November 9, 2009

This has been a real Monday....

Though, since the problem started yesterday, would it still count?

We currently are living paycheck to paycheck, and being careful about spending. Yes, there are some splurges, but those are slowly being curbed. Luckily, we have groceries, the bills are all paid, and rent is taken care of.

Then we walked outside yesterday and noticed my left side rear passenger tire was low. Really low. Low enough to sound really painful as we drove to the gas station for air.

We inflated said tire, checked the pressure on the others, and could see no real visible leak. Just to be safe, in to the gas station for something to spray into the tire to hold the leak at bay. My next paycheck is not until the end of this week, and right now we are just squeaking by.

It held okay. We did use the stuff for the tire, inflated it again, and basically crossed our fingers overnight.

This morning, the tire was low, but not as bad as the night before. I put more air in, and carefully drove to work. When I got out there, I went to see how the drive impacted the tire, and that's when I actually worried.

The leak was coming for cracks along the wheel edge. The tires on the car are all old, so it was going to be time soon. The problem was where to come up with money when there was none to spare.

And that was when my manager walked up to me in the parking lot.

She didn't waste anytime sending me home to work for the day and take care of this. If I haven't mentioned it before, I love this company I work for so much.

At home, work was being done while ways to come up with money. I called to get quotes, and then found that the lesser of two quotes had an option to apply for credit with them.

And that is how my car ended up with 4 new tires today. They also did a free brake inspection and found that there was a problem with 1 of the axles, so they took care of everything.

All within my new credit limit with them.

So, while we are now in further debt, I have to say thank to Wheel Works. Without them, I really don't know what we would have done today...

2 comments:

  1. I hate that feeling....of living paycheck to paycheck with no cushion for things that inevitably pop up to surprise you. I keep thinking that these days should end now that I'm an "adult." Sigh.

    I can't help, but I can certainly comiserate. My tires are looking worn. To the point that my parents are commenting that I need a new set. Frequently. They comment frequently. To which I would like to ask them where, exactly, one would find the money for something that's not necessary right now?

    So I'm playing the lottery. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOL The lottery! That just cracks me up, and makes me wonder if I can scrounge up $2 for the next drawing...

    ReplyDelete