Friday, November 6, 2009

My Apologies to the Pilgrims For Skipping Ahead

Last night, A and I went on a trip to the local Target to wander with my mom. She was looking for something specific. We were there to look. And buy more prenatal pills and tampons.

Yes, it's my cycle right now. But I have been taking the prenatal pills since April, mainly to insure I was getting enough Folic Acid in my system. I read the articles about the development of the baby's spinal column, and with everything that we are going through to make this happen, I am not taking additional risks. So vitamins everyday.

Though standing in line with the pills in one hand and the tampons in the other made me giggle. And had A rolling his eyes at me.

Back to the Target trip....

We are both of the mind that each holiday should get its season in turn. Having Christmas decorations in the same aisle as the Halloween costumes in September makes us both growl.

I love my husband.

Christmas for me is wonderful. I love the tree and the family time. My husband has always worked retail, so for him this was the time of the year where the urge to hurt shoppers became overwhelming most days. With him being home, this year will be different. He is actually looking forward to being able to enjoy it all and let me actually listen to Christmas music at home.

I get goosebumps from the excitement. You have no idea.

We have had a tree every year since we have lived together. It's artificial, but I love the size, and we bought the ornaments together.

Now, remember: We are the geekiest dorks I know. So our tree is special...

Yes, there are regular ornaments, but not as many as the character ones. Mainly Star Wars related. With Batman and some Marvel superheroes included, of course. And the tree skirt is all about Disney's Sleeping Beauty, the only princess of the group I could honestly get behind.

That's a whole different post.

So last night, 3 weeks before Thanksgiving proper, we started looking at ornaments for this year. And instead found the world's greatest Christmas tree topper ever:

You know you are jealous about this! His light saber lights up and everything!!!

He's safely at home, sitting in his box. I've already told my family that this year we are going to have Thanksgiving dinner, and then set up and decorate the tree together. It's my last Christmas with them here, and I want to do it all with them. Once the tree is decorated, there will be pictures. As many as I think this blog can handle will be shared.

I cannot wait to see the light saber all lit up at the top of our tree!!

No comments:

Post a Comment