Tuesday, August 9, 2011

The Good...

I have officially been released by The Colonel.

After the appointment today I don't go back for another official visit for a year.  I even made that appointment already for August 2012 so that it's on the books.

The incision area is so close to being closed.  There isn't any room to pack gauze, but I do have to make sure it is dry and covered during the day.  Which, compared to what we have been doing, is cake.

Add to this that we are getting full nights of sleep, I'm about to start my first real period in a year any day now, and I am proud to report that we are headed in the right direction for recovery.

The baby is still not rolling for us, but his hand usage has increased in leaps and bounds.

He isn't napping as much, there is so much to see and do, but when he isn't playing with us he is content to have toys to talk to, a mobile that plays music, and of course Sesame Street.  Which are all wins for two parents who are trying to keep him entertained and still get things done.

Next up: The Bad...

No comments:

Post a Comment