Tuesday, August 16, 2011

Crying for Joy

I last saw my family together on April 20, 2010.  We had dinner together, cried in the parking lot, and then said goodbye.

The next day I left CA and headed for VA.

I was pregnant only months later.

We were lucky and able to get my mom here for my shower in March.  It was only 2 days, but it was so good to see her and see she was healthy.  I love her so much and miss her everyday.

My brother, sister, and I were always mistaken as friends rather than siblings back home.  There was some resemblance between us, but the thing that always struck people was our closeness.  We laughed and joked as old friends do, not like typical siblings.

My nieces have grown into that, and when you had the five of us together I think there were times even my mom was dizzy.  From one topic to another, sharing inside jokes, and just loving life.  That's how I remember time with them at the table after meals.  On weekends, piled on the couch, watching movies or playing games.

And it's been so long since I had that with them.

Yesterday, my sister and nieces bought plane tickets.  They'll be here in November for 2 weeks.

Not nearly enough.

But I'm going to spend every minute with them getting that back into my system.  From baking to movies to shopping.

They will meet my son.  I will be taking so many pictures to show him later so he will know them when he sees them next.

96 days.  They'll be here in 96 days.

And I can't stop crying because my heart can't wait to be with them again........

No comments:

Post a Comment