Monday, May 23, 2011

Pillow Talk

When I was single, living alone in my apartment, I was a nester.

It was me alone with a queen size bed, and as many pillows as I could get on there.  I still remember when A moved in, and most of the pillows ended up in a pile in the closet.  Since then, we've gotten down to our basic pillows and then some throw pillows for the living room.

Until about 2 weeks ago.

As my size has increased, the pressure on my hips has grown and now requires some interesting placement.  My belly has it's own pillow.  I have 3 just to support me at an angle so I can breathe.  Note, that's not breathe better, just breathe.

Then there is one for between my legs, which in the end is what makes it possible to get up at night without being miserable from the pain.

My husband now watches me get in to bed each night to make sure I get everything settled.  Once that's done, he has to help me cover up with blankets so I don't have to start over.

Bathroom trips have increased, as per the norm at this point, and so this has added to the lack of sleep.  I think I spend more time getting back into bed then I do actually using the bathroom.

I now understand why people use bedpans at a certain stage in their life.

We are in the final stretch.  He's due on June 1st, but every indication is that we will be delivering this week. 

I can't believe this Wednesday will mark 39 weeks....

No comments:

Post a Comment