Monday, January 11, 2010

Rested and Ready

This last weekend was exactly what was needed. We read and played on the Internet, all quietly and contently. We also talked about everything, and I think it helped but some perspective on things for me.

What I find interesting is that A made plans with a friend of ours to hang out and have a "man date" on Saturday. We compared weekends last night, and oddly our conversations were nearly identical. And we both are in the same place about the infertility and stress and move.

One thing that came of all this is the decision to have one last celebration. My birthday is roughly 1 month before the move, and we are planning to have everyone possible over to spend time, drink, and laugh. My brother is on board, I've invited everyone I could think of, and will probably be adding more names to that list over the next week or so.

I love this part of planning the party.

D and I did both say that we figured once the move happened and we weren't focused on anything but settling down that the pregnancy would happen. I told her I was of the impression that A's offspring refuses to be born anywhere but VA.

I also decided last night that I am going to make the most of every last thing while here. Yes, there is still nervousness about this week's scan, but I can't let that be the main focus of the week. So I am making plans to see movies, go out with friends, and invite all those who want to come along. I want to spend time with everyone, but I can't waste time chasing after people who don't want to make the effort.

The door is open, and it always has been for all those in my life. Now is the time to remind them of it, and also let them know that doesn't change though I will be far away.

It felt good to wake up this morning and realize that the time from here is only going to fly...

No comments:

Post a Comment