Friday, February 3, 2012

About That Work Thing

So, as a mini-update:

I am lucky to still be employed.  For the foreseeable future, that will continue to be the case.

My company and another company "merged".  I don't know all the details, but the main point was that for about 48 hours there was no way to tell if I would continue to be employed.  Especially after reading their FAQ sheet and realizing it was the complete opposite of what we'd been told verbally for the months leading up to the official announcement, and had everyone wondering about their employment. 

And you know it's bad when you work in the corporate main office and don't feel secure.  Some of the people I talked made my anxiety about being a remote employee even worse.

Right now we are just coasting on and making some hard decisions about financial issues and what our next step will be.  And how that will impact our actually bringing another child into our family.

These are the days I wish I could skip over and just move on.

No comments:

Post a Comment