Thursday, February 2, 2012

13 pounds down, 4 to go

So, with no exercise at ALL, but just a change to diet, I've dropped 13.3 pounds in the month of January.  I honestly have less than 4 pounds to go until I reach the number I was at in 2010 when I got pregnant.

The plan is to start that whole exercise thing to see if I can keep things moving along.  The major weight loss was that first week, once I stopped eating bagels and white bread and excessive amounts of red meat.

What?  It was the holidays!

We've dropped red meat for the most part, added more fresh vegetables, and gone back to whole wheat bread with less fat and carbs.  I also read Why Women Need Fat and have incorporated some basic practices from the book, using products and foods that are natural and whole as opposed to hunting down everything to be fat free.  It's a unique balance, but it's working because my average weight loss is about 2 pounds a week.

The other change?  I've made sure to eat breakfast daily.

This has always been a challenge for me, and when we started dieting in 2010 and all through the pregnancy it was the one thing I made sure to do.  I either eat a yogurt (low carb type), a whole grapefruit, or some eggs and bacon.  As long as I get breakfast in, the rest of the day goes quickly and smoothly.  And I know that this has made a difference with my metabolism and weight loss.

So, the current weight is at 276.2 pounds.  I know I'll reach the old weight of 272.5 and drop more if I keep going.

And considering that A is behind me all the way with meal choices and foods, I think this will work!

No comments:

Post a Comment