Wednesday, December 30, 2009

Nothing to See Here, Move Along...

I cannot believe that 2009 is about to come to a close.

While a full year has passed, it feels like we are exactly where we were at this time last year. It's oddly comforting.

But so frustrating.

I've never been one for resolutions, but I have been thinking things over. And I realize there are some goals for the next year that I would like to set.

They will be achievable. And not include anything about being pregnant by end of 2010. That I believe would just be a recipe for disaster.

I will share tomorrow what my plans are. For now, I thought I'd share something that may be considered TMI to some, but I think shows that no matter what A and I can still laugh at things...

I have managed to get him addicted to playing Farmville through Facebook. What started as him just wanting to have a farm to help out my brother and I has turned into a timed cycling of crops with life. He has always been more organized with things, and when he realized what he needed to advance quickly he dove right in.

I love my gamer nerd.

So, yesterday I achieved Level 25 while working from home and announced it out loud. Along with the fact that I can now build a telephone pole. He had been nearby, heating up lunch, and turned to give me a wicked grin.

A: I can build a telephone pole.
Me: I don't want to know.
A: Is that the only reaction I am getting? Cause I was talking about in my pants.
Me: I figured as much, but I associate telephone poles with splinters....
A: You are no fun!

Fast forward to a couple of hours later, when he came in to hug me and give me a kiss. We were laughing, and I suddenly looked straight at him.

Me: Hey! Are you trying to give me splinters??

He just laughed.

No comments:

Post a Comment