Thursday, January 10, 2013

Working on Willpower

This month's book club selection, The Willpower Instinct by Kelly McGonigal, has managed to fall right into the time of the year when most people are trying to make a change.

I know I've talked about not calling it a "resolution", and that has worked for me pretty well when setting up to lose weight last year.  But I never did follow through with basic exercise, and I know that would have made the difference in the end.  And it all boiled down to not really have a set goal or challenge for myself.  I made it as easy as I could

In The Willpower Instinct, you start with setting a challenge for yourself and use that to work through what willpower is and what it means.

Am I going to try this?  Yup.  There is so much I want in 2013, and this is as good a place as any to start.

Wondering what will work for you?

Visit the BlogHer Book Club and look at what this book and author are trying to help you accomplish.  Join the conversation and who knows what will happen.  Maybe that will be your challenge: trying something new!


This is a sponsored review for the BlogHer Book Club. While compensation will be forthcoming for taking the time to write about the book, the opinions stated are all mine and mine alone.

No comments:

Post a Comment