Tuesday, December 6, 2011

Still Not Back to "Normal"

My family has been gone almost a week and we still are not back to our normal routine.

Work is back in place, so my days are filled with projects and calls.  I'm also trying to work my way through some books, and we've become addicted to Skylanders, so sleep is losing.

I think the hardest hit has been A.  For him, two weeks of people to play with James meant a mental break from the daily parenting duties in a lot of ways.  This week has been the first full week of work for me, and so he's back to it all.

And he looks exhausted.

He will always have a deep appreciation for single mothers.  He isn't alone, but he realizes the amount of work they do each day.

Funniest moment from the visit was when my youngest niece said out loud that she was not ready to have a baby.  James is an easy kid, but he has his moments, and requires that plans revolve around his naps and meals, and I think the added responsibility was an eye-opener as to what is truly involved in this whole being a parent thing.

I think I need to treat A to a night out this weekend.....

No comments:

Post a Comment